Dubia Roaches

kaikorcha3

A dubai roach escaped into leo my tank I thought the bowl was escape proof but one climbed over another and made a break for it. I cant find it . I doubt She's eaten it as She hasn't eaten in weeks. Are they ok running free or any way that I can draw it out into the open so I can catch it . ?

leew1988

be lucky if your gecko did eat it, they are meant to be good but i cant get my gecko to touch roaches..

kaikorcha3

She didn't eat it . i found them both today one was in her moss box and the other sleeping in her hide with her :(

Leew : I would feel happy if mine would eat anything :(

leew1988

newest food mine goes for is morioworms i found them on a website, no local shops sell them. he has never eaten from my hands before (well the tongs) but my god!!! i felt the full force of him go at this morioworm whilst it was still in the tongs haha

leew1988

ok i dont know about the size? is your gecko full size adult? mine is so ill tell you my sizes incase it might help

crickets I used to use 'Standard' crickets but now depending what store I go to as they are label them different I either get 'Medium' or '4th Grade', I used to get the full size standard but they looked too scary and my gecko seems to prefer these, plus the standard size crickets are very noisy... these smaller ones dont make any noise. Better for both of us

mealworms I just used standard mealworm size

Waxworms are waxworms

Dubias Ive tried a few different sizes myself, though I think first was too big and now are too small.. but I just dont think mine is interested in them at all. I cant blame him, they dont look the tastiest!

What I recommend to you is definitely try Locusts/Grasshoppers. These are fairly common, even my local stores sell them so im suprised yours dont? If not get them online, and get some Morioworms whilst you are there. I actually think my geckos favourite food is Locusts and Morioworms.

No idea where you are located though so this website may not be suitable for you, this is where I bought from recently http://www.rickslivefood.co.uk/

p.s Hoppers/Locusts I use are either 3rd or 4th (Thats the size) I cant remember for sure, I know in shop when I see them but looking online I cant put my finger on one sorry!

Last edited:

kaikorcha3

She is a baby only 3 months old :) . She wont entertain hoppers wither I tried. And I agree the larger crickets are way too scary looking for me to have in the house I wouldn't sleep haha.

Anyway she isn't with me at the moment she refused to eat after trying everything (including trying reptaid and avipro) for 4 weeks she lost weight down to 11g so a kind breeder has offered to take her for a while and try to get her back to full health. . He says she appears healthy just thin and he thinks she is off her food because she is retaining water. So fingers crossed someone with more experience than me can help her.
I couldn't sit and watch her just waste away .

Visit our friends