dwarfs?

oceanoasis

is there such a thing as a dwarf leo? i got a leo from my neighbor and she was very small. she was just a year younger than mine, so she was 4 but she was only about 5 maybe 6 inches long. and her tail was shaped differently. it wasnt skinny at the base then get fat then taper to a point. in kinda started really fat the got a little fatter then tapered off. this almost made me think that she was a boy at first. she grew up in a 20L so no size restrictions and i know she was fed enough, i brought him the crickets half the time. so could she have been a dwarf, assuming there is such a thing. and what are the characteristics of one-physically- i have a pic of her in my album of my geckos. her name is Zike. so what do you think.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Do a search for "dwarf" on the forums. THere are at least 2 people who have one and they have posted a lot.

Aliza

Allee Toler

I have one. =D Hypochondroplasia dwarfism. My little princesses name is GiGi.

There's another dwarf on her who's more obviously a dwarf than mine. Just search "spider". That's her name.

Oh and I took mine to a geneticist to get her diagnosed. There's thousands of different types of dwarfism, so there's no exact description of a "dwarf" leo. They're all different. My girls is mentally retarded, acting very odd and is constantly hurting herself. She always has scabs on her mouth because she chews on everything in her tank, though everything in rubber. She's 6 1/8" long, 26g currently. She fluxes from 25g-31g depending on her mood and eating habits. She also didn't eat on her own for the first year of her life. I hand fed her every day. She also has many other physical limitations and health problems.

Last edited:

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
...i wanna see a pic of someone's dwarf leo, if they have one... preferably next to a regularly sized full grown leo.... to just see the difference... I'm just curious, cuz never seen one...

Allee Toler

15405a5751af__1255815227000.jpeg

Gi's a hypochondroplasia dwarf. Bigger head, small limbs, average torso, short tail.

Her compared to my 1 1/2 year old mack snow enigma male. Ignore his skinny tail, he's not much of an eater and won't gain weight in his tail.

ajveachster

HJ has posted several pictures and videos of Spider with her rommates, so you should be able to do a search of his threads under the user name "GeckoGathering"

Visit our friends