DYI Exo Tanner cage =)

Gopherhockey03

So yesterday I got a free 10 gallon tank off of craigslist I took all of the black framing off and am not left with this ====> Resampled_2012-02-04_18-04-43_878.jpg
Will be turning into a exo terra terrarium I will be giving a step by step instructional on how to build this bad boy if it turns out nice!!!!

Amanda1

3 Year Member
So, stupid me, I did not know you could take the black framing off...Is that hard to do? And you should trademark the name Exo Tanner because that is great! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Gopherhockey03

Yes it was pretty nerv wrecking!!! I was scared I was going to shatter the glass! I cut my hand pretty good also :( But difficulty I would say 6/10.... I took a flat head screw driver and snapped off one piece and it all kind of went smoothly after that! But yes the Exo Tanner isn't going to be as pretty but so far It looks nice! The whole thing is clear =) nothing else!!! I even bought clearAcrylic hinges :)

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Well done, Tanner! Love the name of it too, ahaha!
I'm in the middle of building something like this for my girlfriend. I'm going to check with her to see if she might want to remove the black framing on her tank. We just kinda assumed it had to be there, but without all the weight of a full tank of water, it should be OK
Great job!

Gopherhockey03

Yes! It works! It still holds the water with out the frame too!!! But if you want a material list I would love to help you out I spent prob 20 bucks to make the whole thing!

Gopherhockey03

I finished it!!! The plastic hinges broke... Not happy... So I bought silver ones it looks sweeeeet and for under $20 I will be making a lot more once I get my Cresties this march!!!!

Visit our friends