Exo-Terra Tank question??!?!?!

toph427

Hey all, I am trying to get a nice display tank for my leos and found a nice Exo-Terra tank on Craigslist. It is the large, rainforest 18x18x24 habitat. My first question is, even though it is the rainforest kit, would I be able to make it a desert habitat, by changing the substrate, etc.? Also, is this only enough floorspace for one leo?? Thanks for all of your help.

toph427

Yea, i have 2 20 longs and 2 10 gals. that fit on a shelf, but I was just trying to get it for more display to put out on my desk

Jordan

yeh the exo tera tanks can have pretty much everyhting taken out and new stuff put in. Just take out what you odont ant like substrate etc and put all your new stuff in.

Neville

Snow Gecko
I would say yes to the 18x18. Just dont have too much decor taking up their floor space. If you are crafty, build them a nice safe second level to maximize their room.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Personally I think 12x12 (or 144 sq. inches) is a bit small for 1 leo, since we usually say 1 leo to a 10 gallon tank which is 200 sq. inches. It's a bit difficult to get a heat gradient in a 12x12. That said, an 18x18 is 324 sq. inches, compared with 360 sq. in. in a 20 gallon long, so I would say that 2 geckos could go in there, and 3-4 geckos if you add a second level (lots of designs and pictures on the forum here if you search).

As mentioned above, the only thing that makes a habitat "desert" vs. "rainforest" is what you put in it. Use tile for a substrate and food bowls, water bowls etc. and then sell the other stuff.

Aliza

Aliza

Visit our friends