finished 3d background

Marr

addict
well here it is lol..............changed it slightly from the original plan,too something i liked more.............3 nights,and just a seal left............hard to get a good pic but looks awesome in person imo,if you hit it with the flash its hard to see the depth,some recessed pockets under the ledges for them to lay in also......gotta cut the center brace out yet too get it in,wanted that gone from the start,what a pain,nice for water purposes,but in the way as a reptile tank.........

3dredone.jpg

Marr

addict
Very creative! Looks good!

I have made some before but decided that they are not good if you have a large number of tanks. Too fragile and hard to clean.

kinda what i figured,ill forsure keep it removable,maybe just use suction cups,ill just have the one display tank in the living room,kinda like a hotel too visit and already thinkin what kind of rack i wanna make lol,cause theres a couple more i want now,these are just as bad as fish lol,so many nice ones

Mich

kinda what i figured,ill forsure keep it removable,maybe just use suction cups,ill just have the one display tank in the living room,kinda like a hotel too visit and already thinkin what kind of rack i wanna make lol,cause theres a couple more i want now,these are just as bad as fish lol,so many nice ones

Hahahaha.. the hotel thing is great :) I use small piece of velcro on the back of my rock walls to attach them to the tank, easily removable. My main breeding colony is spread out in a few different tanks, I like it when my enclosures look good so they all have custom build things .. the hatchlings get the rack LOL

Marr

addict
Hahahaha.. the hotel thing is great :) I use small piece of velcro on the back of my rock walls to attach them to the tank, easily removable. My main breeding colony is spread out in a few different tanks, I like it when my enclosures look good so they all have custom build things .. the hatchlings get the rack LOL

dam Mich sweet idea Velcro it is,cant believe i didn't think of that lmao.........cheers..........and will be starting my rack/display enclosure shortly...........been super busy at work,so slackin,yet too even seal it lol,hopefully get too that this weekend when i have some energy.....lol

Mich

$1 will buy a pack of double sided velcro which will be all you'll ever need for all future projects, one side is sticky and you just pull off the backing and stick it to the glass :) Use a very small piece! I put mine in the top middle, works best. If you use too big a chunk you will rip the plaster off the back of your rock wall when you try to pull your rock wall away from the glass to remove it. If you put it in the top middle you can always help pry it carefully off with your finger. It will make for a tigher fit against the glass too then suction cups, nothing worse then crickets getting in annoying hard to reach places hahaha

Marr

addict
$1 will buy a pack of double sided velcro which will be all you'll ever need for all future projects, one side is sticky and you just pull off the backing and stick it to the glass :) Use a very small piece! I put mine in the top middle, works best. If you use too big a chunk you will rip the plaster off the back of your rock wall when you try to pull your rock wall away from the glass to remove it. If you put it in the top middle you can always help pry it carefully off with your finger. It will make for a tigher fit against the glass too then suction cups, nothing worse then crickets getting in annoying hard to reach places hahaha

duly noted........thanks........which type of sealer do you recommend?.....which are best for being non toxic?

Mich

I use mod podge, it's non toxic craft sealant, I buy mine in the Wal-Mart craft section .. I dump a bunch in a spray bottle and add water. I "spray paint" it on and use a sponge to soak up any excess and let it dry between layers. I do about 4 layers and after that I'm able to spray my pieces down with water and wipe them off without rubbing off paint :) Not sure what other people use, I'm sure there are a ton of suggestions on this form

Marr

addict
I use mod podge, it's non toxic craft sealant, I buy mine in the Wal-Mart craft section .. I dump a bunch in a spray bottle and add water. I "spray paint" it on and use a sponge to soak up any excess and let it dry between layers. I do about 4 layers and after that I'm able to spray my pieces down with water and wipe them off without rubbing off paint :) Not sure what other people use, I'm sure there are a ton of suggestions on this form

thanks sounds like a plan too me...........ill grab some tomorrow........:D

Marr

addict
well its in mod podged thanks Mich............flash sucks on it lol,looks too glossy but looks fine in person,even got the matte finish podge but...took out the tile dont like it,looking for something dark............paper towels for now,not really set up,had too quick throw some lay boxes in as caramel decided to lay in her moist hide lol..........one got damaged ones fertile in the crappy incubator i made till i get the parts to build the better one..........they love exploring it...........lizzy should lay any day now,still climbing around at first,and the BB male casper is going to visit the snake eyed raptor snow flake very soon lol.............i think she might be a giant gotta get a weight on her.........

3dexploring2.jpg

3dexploring.jpg

3dintank.jpg

3dintankbackshot.jpg

Mich

Looks good :D Usually after I put my last layer of mod podge on I sprink some really fine sand in the ledges and let it dry (then brush off the excess), give them some good grip if it seems a little slippery. They look happy!

Marr

addict
Looks good :D Usually after I put my last layer of mod podge on I sprink some really fine sand in the ledges and let it dry (then brush off the excess), give them some good grip if it seems a little slippery. They look happy!

thanks i though of that but when it was wet i loved the look so didnt want to screw it up..........provides some lower light levels too under the cliffs,so they tend too lay out more which is cool......

Visit our friends