First set-up for my first, future girl!! Exciting!

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Ah I kinda thought it was roger but just wanted to make sure the op knew that there was one specifically for tank use.

roger

The uncured silicone will be able to cure for at least a week--is this safe still? I do not want any fumes to linger. The silisone stuff I'm using is premium waterproof 100 silicone for tiles, plumbing, and bath.

they sell specific silicone for fish tanks.Im assuming if u ask home depot and tell them what u want theyll hook u up.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
This kinda stuff hon. I'm pretty sure the stuff for tanks is fungicide and solvent free whereas the stuff for bath and kitchen def. is not.

Aquarium%20Silicone.jpg

aquarium_silicone_clear_den_braven_large.jpg

and prob. more than you ever wanted to know about silicone: http://www.idealsealants.com/aquarium-silicone-sealant-clear-310ml-den-braven_c1p24.php

At least that way you know specifically what to ask/look for when you go to the hardware store.

GeckoDude31

they sell specific silicone for fish tanks.Im assuming if u ask home depot and tell them what u want theyll hook u up.

Thanks, friends! I was at home depot and told them what it would be for, and this is what they gave me. Hmm nuts! So I probably should not use it, huh? I only used little, little dabs on the bottom of my tile to adhere two tiles together. There is nothing exposed to the surface. There is no smell in there now.:main_robin:

GeckoDude31

Here are some updated pics of my second level. I think she will like it. I have a hide on top for her is she wants to cool off a bit on top of the head pad. I'm getting my first raptor girl tomorrow! Can't wait! Any last minute tips?

fl_orchidslave

We have a PE-1, love it. Also some probe therms for a back up on the incubators. The temp guns are really necessary if you have a lot of animals to monitor. Your girl might enjoy one of those nifty hammocks if it would work with the background piece.

GeckoDude31

I have heard about the hammocks twice now.:main_laugh: Do you have any pics of yours in one? That may have to be my next purchase.

fl_orchidslave

I have heard about the hammocks twice now.:main_laugh: Do you have any pics of yours in one? That may have to be my next purchase.

I don't use exo-terras for my leos, tho I love the look of them. I have their smallest one for my baby gargoyle. No hammock tho. Maybe another member who has a set-up with a hammock will post a photo :)

Phish999

no, you can buy reptile safe terrarium cleaners such as zoomed wipeout 1 or zilla there are many to choose from. windex is poisen and it doesn't disinfect

Visit our friends