Floorspace??

toph427

Im about to pick up an exo-terra tank for a new leo. The dude from craigslist said it measure 17x17x17, im guessing its the 18x18x18 sized tank. I was wondering if this is only enough space for one gecko?

gmaier19

depends on the geckos personalities and sex. its enough room for 2 geckos but... 2 females might not work out cause its always up to them if they like being roommates. none of my 3 females like company, and they end up biting each other. you probably already know, but make sure you dont house 2 males together because they usually fight. its also not a great idea to put 1 female and 1 male together either cause they will probably overbreed, which isnt the best for the health of the female.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
To be sure, multiply the floor space and look at the square inches. A standard 10 gallon tank has 200 sq. inches of floor space and is probably the minimum size for a single gecko. A 20 long has 360 sq. inches for 2 leos. So the exoterra 18x18x18 has 324 sq. inches.

Aliza

Troy L

My 2 females are kept in my exo-terra 18x18x18 setup. they have always been together. They seem to do just fine. They are usually together on the hot or cold side. Every now and again they will split and go to differnt sides.. not often but they do.
troy

Visit our friends