Gecko Condo Units

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I have decided that Im not much of a "rack" type girl;) I'm realizing that I'd much rather have the same ease of cleaning and feeding as a rack, but I dont like to peer through hazy bins to see my little beauties:(

Im looking into the boaphile 4 unit condos, or the 4 Unit Repti Racks.

I would like to hear from people that own these, and their pros and cons about each.

And Im TOTALLY open to other suggestions if anyone knows of anything better out there:main_yes:

Here are links to the ones that Im currently looking at:

http://www.boaphileplastics.com/

http://www.repti-racks.com/index.ph...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41

Thanks for your time :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Those look nice, though I haven't used them myself. A cheaper alternative is to get shelf units and put front-opening glass cages on each shelf. For hatchlings, the cages can be divided into smaller sections and if you use heat cable, you can set it up so each section has a heat gradient from back to front.
Here's a picture (that's been posted on GF before) of my shelf unit with tanks from a few years ago. Currently the Kritter Keepers on the fourth shelf have been replaced by another tank and there's also a tank on the bottom shelf of the baker's rack to the left:
ReptileRm1.jpg

Aliza

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
those r both cool looking set ups anether option u could go with that i ran into today while looking at cages is this.
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...sionariums/-/visionarium-stackable-terrarium/

I saw those visionariums, they are really nice (actually I think Aliza's post above yours has one or two) and they are stackable, but they take up WAY to much space. I'd like to house about 20 leos. With the condo units I'd need 5, with those I'd need 20! lol...so I dont think they'd work for me, but they do look nice :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I do have one visionarium (it's the top one in my picture). I like it least of all my tanks: it sags at the bottom, in order to have the light option at the top it's less than 12" high which makes building an upstairs difficult, the corners are rounded which is a problem for certain gecko furniture. They're also a lot more expensive than the other front-opening tanks I use.

Aliza

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I do have one visionarium (it's the top one in my picture). I like it least of all my tanks: it sags at the bottom, in order to have the light option at the top it's less than 12" high which makes building an upstairs difficult, the corners are rounded which is a problem for certain gecko furniture. They're also a lot more expensive than the other front-opening tanks I use.

Aliza

Good to know, this is the kind of info. I need to know;) I don't want to go spending all this money and be unhappy, or find out after I get them that there was something better out there that I would've rather had. I really love my 18x18 Zoomed terrarium, I just wish they were maybe 12 inches high instead of 18...a lot of wasted space for a leo.

Visit our friends