Gecko software needs testers you guys should help!

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
I'm posting this from my phone so I can't get the email address I will when I get home tonight. Here is the email I got.
The purpose of this email is to let everyone know that we are about to start the Gecko Software build and wanted to find out who was still interested in assisting with the build.
What I would like to do is get a reply from all those who are still interested and to find out if it would be ok to send out an email with the email addresses of all those interested so everyone could communicate together and exchange ideas.
If you are still interested in assisting with this build please let us know by replying to this email and also let us know if we can expose your email to the other people involved with the build.
Thanks,
Jim Haney
Talk Radio Software
Home Of Vyper Reptile Tracking System
Phone: 404.909.4456
Web: www.TalkRadioSoftware.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/vyperrts
Twitter: www.twitter.com/vyperrts

They need help from gecko breeders and only 12 people are sighned on as of now. I think this could benefit all of us in the long run!

bro paul

brightalbino.com
Thanks for posting this Chris. I'm one of the 12 that replied and I'll try to help recruit a few more folks. It sounds like it could be a great project!

Here's a response I got from Jim Haney this morning when I asked him if I could try to recruit some more people:

Hello Paul,
Yes by all means, get anyone you can involved!
We want to have as many eyes on the program as possible…we wan newbies as well as veterans, so the program will be a good fit for anyone out there.
Thanks,
Jim Haney

I wouldn't think it'd be too hard to find 50 gecko-holics that could help with this! :main_thumbsup:

bro paul

brightalbino.com
Do you know what they need help with?

My understanding is that he needs breeders (big and small) to download the software he's building so that we can test it for a while and give feedback in relation to working with geckos (he already has a successful snake version). Those who help would be on the ground floor of the gecko version...

Feel free to email me or PM me for more details.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Okay, thanks! I'm so bad with computers. Is it pretty easy to use (at least the snake one that's already done)? If it's pretty simple, I'd be happy to test it out.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
I am one of the 12 too, hoping that this will get enough interest so that they can get the ball rolling. I was told they weren't going to try again until March, but they really need or are at least hoping for 50+ people to be in on this.

Here's some info from the original e-mail that I received:

Recently we started a project for reptile breeders titled Vyper Reptile Tracking System ( http://www.talkradiosoftware.com/directory/direct.html ) the project is now nearing completion.

When we started Vyper it was the request of a couple of python breeders who did not like the current solutions on the market, so we set out to build a very user friendly product.

One of our goals was to make Vyper a cross-reptile software solution. However we soon found out that Vyper was progressing toward a full blown snake tracking system, and would not function as a cross-reptile solution as we had hoped.

Since Vyper RTS has developed into a snake tracking system we have decided to produce a ground up custom software solution for Gecko breeders. However, not knowing anything about Geckos we are looking for people who may be interested in giving us assistance with the build.

What we would be looking for is basically guidance and direction on how the product should flow and look (no money or knowledge of software is required…just time and knowledge).

This is how Vyper was constructed as we knew absolutely nothing about snakes when we started Vyper RTS, and now we can identify a snake 8 out of 10 times J.

The process works this way:

1. We lay out the screens of the software and upload them to our servers.

2. The “Testers” download the software and tell us what is good what is bad etc. and how everything should flow and relate to Gecko breeding.

3. We make the changes and the process starts all over.

If you would like to assist us on a ground up build for Gecko breeders or if you have any questions please feel free to contact me or visit our site http://www.talkradiosoftware.com/directory/direct.html and click the Gecko button and fill out the short form.

If you know anyone who may want to help also, please send them the link to the site, or a copy of this email.

Thank you for your time,

Jim Haney

Last edited:

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
Youll probably have to email them. Since they only got 12 responses they are putting the gecko program on hold. He said they may give it another shot after the holidays. That is why we need to all email them and offer our support to help out (if your able). I think this program could help everyone, all the snake people seem to like it!
[email protected]

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
This was the reply I got today.

Hi Kristi,

What we are actually looking for are individuals to help us build a custom Gecko software program.

A while back on our site we had about 200 people who wanted us to do a software build just for Gecko breeders. We sent out the list to let everyone know we were ready to start and would send out a questionnaire so we could get input…but only got 12 replies back from the original 200.

We put the project on hold until we could get new people who were really interested in assisting with the build.

We will put your name on the new list and send out notification when we are ready to start.

Thanks,
Jim Haney

Talk Radio Software
Home Of Vyper Reptile Tracking System

Phone: 404.909.4456

Hopefully they'll get more people to sign up.:)

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
Ok I did misunderstand they need help Building the software from ground up as they do not know anything about geckos. I'm still sure most of you will help.

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
Recent email from Jim...
If you could adjust the post to make sure they understand there is no software currently…we need breeders to help us with content of a brand new ground up build(I think would be a better way to phrase it).
We do not need just a casual interest, we need those who are passionate about it and have no problem spending 4 to 6 months sending emails, filling out surveys, and then testing demos (when it does get to that phase) making adjustments and testing out the revised demo and so on.
It is a lengthy process and very time consuming for us and those helping. As things have to be worked on as a group and a general consensus has to be made on the content of the program…and in a case where someone thinks that putting (example only) how many toes the gecko has is useless, but another person thinks it would be a good thing to have…everything has to come to a stop so the group can discuss (usually via email) if it should be in or out.

Visit our friends