Getting a new tank!YAY!

jenna

On Friday I will hopefully be picking up a 55-65 gal hexagon aquarium. I am going to convert it in to my tokay geckos new home. I will be going over to the ladies house to check it out an see if I like it and if so I will be bringing it home. I was going to go with a zoo med or exo terra terrarium but I decided that they didn't give me the height that I wanted so I put a wanted ad on craigslist and the next day I got a reply! As soon as I get it set up I will post pictures! :)

jenna

That's awesome! Hope you make something nice out of it :)
I plan on it, I want to put live plant in there, put I am not going to go full vivarium style. I want to put a pothos, pilea, ivy, mabey bamboo and some air plants. I plan on keeping the plants in containers so it is eaiser to clean the tank out when needed. I dont want to put dirt in the tank because it is more up keep than I want to deal with so I will keep the plants in their individual pots. This will help with my humididty and give them places to hide. It aught to turn out nice.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
You should post pics when you're done. Also, I think that dirt/coir is actually easier to upkeep than paper towels or reptile carpet, etc. Add some isopods and you don't ever have to clean it; once a month or so I wipe off the glass with a little vinegar solution where the geckos track dirt on it. Just my opinion though.

jenna

You should post pics when you're done. Also, I think that dirt/coir is actually easier to upkeep than paper towels or reptile carpet, etc. Add some isopods and you don't ever have to clean it; once a month or so I wipe off the glass with a little vinegar solution where the geckos track dirt on it. Just my opinion though.
Ya I think I will do the dirt/coir thing because the tank is HUGE and will be very hard to clean. I will post some pics of it empty tommorw or something, It is pertty neat, its acrylic not glass so it was pretty easy to move.

Visit our friends