Getting a Tokay gecko

QuartzYellowjacket

So it's been a while, I checked my email and found a message from gecko talk saying that I haven't been on in a while. So here's an update on what I'm going to do, in a few day i'll be procuring some internet money to buy a bunch of things, including: Roaches, a Tokay gecko, two moon crabs, an airsoft gun, and whatnot. So a lot of people say that Tokay are a very good display animals, but in my eyes display animals are kind of useless, which is why I don't enjoy fish too much. Anyway I already have all the enclosures setup along with buying 20 egg-crates when I just used 6 so i'm set for a while on egg-crates. That's what I've been doing.

Jetfire

Moon crabs..are they the same species also sold as Halloween crabs, all purple and red? If so, those are great, very hardy pets. My son had a trio for about 3 yrs, set up in a 55. Only got rid of them when 1 of them ate his 2 cagemates after they molted. I guess everyone likes softshell crabs...

Jetfire

They are pretty cool critters.I set the tank up like a river bank, sand on both sides, water in the middle. They will literally eat anything, from raw meat scraps (I used to keep turtles, too.whenever I cooked with chicken, pork, or beef,I gave little meat scraps to everything in the garage.hamburger doesn't work, too fatty and messy.but I digress..), fruit, tuna, etc. my son still keeps a molted exoskeleton on top of his TV. if you get more than one, make sure that they're roughly the same size...it cuts down on bullying

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Thanks for the update QuartzYJ! Let us know when you get that tokay. and the moon crabs!!

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I love looking at moon crabs at shows, they look so neat! I'll probably have to get a few some day...any advice on how to prevent them from eating each other?

Visit our friends