Giant Question lol

F

fikken

i am pretty sure you usually can't tell until the gecko gets to between 70-90 grams as i understood it. The weight would be distributed with an elongated torso rather than just having a very fat gecko. Although I don't have a giant so I personally don't know if you could tell in its earlier stages but I am quite sure the eggs are the same sizes as all the other morphs. The difference tends shows itself in later development

crotaphytidae

You can tell that you have a giant at an earlier age by the lanky look that they have as well as if you have a guaranteed Super Giant parent. Telling Giant from Super Giant as far as I know can only be done later in life when the gecko is about a year old. What was the pairing that you did?

ErnieG'sgeckos

You can tell that you have a giant at an earlier age by the lanky look that they have as well as if you have a guaranteed Super Giant parent. Telling Giant from Super Giant as far as I know can only be done later in life when the gecko is about a year old. What was the pairing that you did?

No giant pairing at all just had a Raptor X het Raptor project going on and one egg was bigger than the other and hatch out bigger than its sibling.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Well then if you did not breed the Giant or Super Giant gene to it, then you will will not have a Giant or Super Giant.

Just as in humans, how there are little babies, and big babies, and some people only grow to 5 feet, and some grow to 7 feet, the same can happen with leopard geckos. Some eggs will be a little smaller and some will be a little bigger. Some will hatch a little smaller, and some will hatch a little bigger. It's just nature having its fun, lol

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
...And just cuz you can make an 80 gram leo by feeding it alot of fatty foods, and making it fat, doesn't make it a Giant. Giants are genetically predisposed to being large. It is a morph in itself.

ErnieG'sgeckos

Well then if you did not breed the Giant or Super Giant gene to it, then you will will not have a Giant or Super Giant.

Just as in humans, how there are little babies, and big babies, and some people only grow to 5 feet, and some grow to 7 feet, the same can happen with leopard geckos. Some eggs will be a little smaller and some will be a little bigger. Some will hatch a little smaller, and some will hatch a little bigger. It's just nature having its fun, lol

thanks for the advise really needed it.

Visit our friends