Got my AFT...humidity question

K

Kowloon

Finally got an AFT last week at a reptile show. It is a female captive bred a little over a year old, banded, nothing special but still pretty cool looking. Cost $20. She seems to be doing well, she is eating crickets hangs out in her humid hide alot and she shed yesterday to. I really like watcing her hunt...it is so cool the way she sticks her tail in the air and shakes it just before she jumps her cricket. It looks like she shed pretty well, she didn't seem to have any problems with it and I don't see anywhere that it didn't come off.

Haven't handled her other than putting her in the habitat.

I've read that it really doesn't matter too much about humidity as long as you keep a humid hide for them. On the other hand the humidity in her habitat stays about 30 - 40%, low thirties when I haven't sprayed and 40 or so right after I have. I have a humid hide for her. For the few days before she shed she stayed in there almost all day, except to hunt at night, then since she shed she hasn't really gone back in there. I am spraying very 2 or 3 days, should I do more to get the humidity higher or is that OK?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I usually spray just about daily, though that's mostly because my male likes to lick the water drops off the side of the tank. Other ways to maintain humidity include using a large water bowl, putting plants in the enclosure and putting a piece of plexiglass over part or all of the screen top.

Aliza

thegeckoguy23

I usually spray just about daily, though that's mostly because my male likes to lick the water drops off the side of the tank. Other ways to maintain humidity include using a large water bowl, putting plants in the enclosure and putting a piece of plexiglass over part or all of the screen top.

Aliza

+1

K

Kowloon

Is there a particular range of humidity that I should be trying to get to? I can pretty easily spray daily, I've added a cover that covers about 3/4 of the tank top.

Visit our friends