Got the wrong gecko- breeder not responding- what to do?

Griesi

I waited for more than half a year to bring this up here (and I`m still not sure if I really want to do it) - but I need some advice.

Last breeding season, I`ve ordered a W&Y Tremper Albino male from a bigger european breeder. I did not see a picture in advance and it was handled to me at the Hamm show. It did not look that much as a W&Y- but to be honest I did not know how a W&Y albino should look like these days.

I bred it with some females and did not hatch a single W&Y and later this year I`ve seen the first albino W&Ys. To sum this up: the male turned out NOT to be a W&Y and I was able to clear this with the breeder via mail.

We hoped to work something out- I wanted my money back and he wanted to offer geckos- some more W&Ys that did not look like any of those I have seen. And none that I wanted.
The breeder stopped coming to shows himself and does not answer to mails any longer- and his homepage ist stating that he want`s to leave europe.

Does anyone have a suggestion what to do?
Thanks
Karsten

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
My best suggestion is to check out faunaclassified.com BOI (board of inquiry) and post the name of your breeder and what happened to see if anyone else is in the same position. I don't know if that is an international forum, though. The other suggestion is to use the network of breeders in Europe to try and track this person down. See if you can find out more about him and whether or not anyone else has had a bad experience with him or whether there are people who know him and can intercede for you.

Aliza

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
i actually have heard of W&Y's being sold for super cheap prices that were infact not W&Y's at all. It is very much so a shame that some people do this but often privating inquiring with other breeders may help to resolve issues or at least give you a better peace of mind.

Griesi

i actually have heard of W&Y's being sold for super cheap prices that were infact not W&Y's at all. It is very much so a shame that some people do this but often privating inquiring with other breeders may help to resolve issues or at least give you a better peace of mind.

My one was rather expensive. I would hate to do it- but what are your thoughts about contacting police? I don`t want to do this, but I also don`t want to accept my lost that easily,....
Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Karsten

trizzypballr

The fauna BOI really is the place for this. Not trying to be a pain but wanted to give you a heads up and agree with acpart. This thread will most likely end up getting locked or totally deleted. The BOI was created to help with problems exactly like this. I dont know how Germany is, but I can tell you that if we called the police over here complaining a guy sold us the wrong gecko, they would probably laugh at us. If ya paid cash for it you might be out of luck unless you can get the breeder to right the wrong.

roger

I would suggest doing due diligence on what your buying and researching the morph before buying.I would never buy an animal without getting pics first.I would suggest buying from reputable breeders.

Visit our friends