Hand sanitizer + leos?

got spots?

leo lover
If I am about to feed or handel the leopard geckos is it okay to use hand sanitizer before doing so?

I only ask this because I know people use it after but it kills germs so I thought it may hurt leos and such

MiamiLeos

i live on it as well, but i was recently informed that the chemicals in hand sanitizer and anti bacterial soaps have been known to cause brain cancer. i am still doing research on the subject.

OneFootedAce

I use hand sanitizer before and after I handle geckos and many other times through-out the day, I make sure its all dry before I touch them though, I haven't heard of it affecting them, and I dont see any change in behaviour, As far as I know its fine to use......

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
I use hand sanitizer before and after I handle geckos and many other times through-out the day, I make sure its all dry before I touch them though, I haven't heard of it affecting them, and I dont see any change in behaviour, As far as I know its fine to use......

+1

MiamiLeos

this is exactly what i do, except now im doing research on some of the long term effects.

Visit our friends