Hatchling eye problem??

Kwaynebb

I had a great fathers day gift this weekend when I looked in the incubator and found my first hatchling. My four year old son only made it better by telling me "I told the geckos to come out today since I didnt get you anything"

I cant tell for sure but the eyes do not seem to be opening all the way. At times one or the other will look wide but then other times they appear shut. I just want to know if this is common in babies. This is day three so I expect a shed and I am hoping it fixes itself, but I would just like a little advice here.

roger

I had a great fathers day gift this weekend when I looked in the incubator and found my first hatchling. My four year old son only made it better by telling me "I told the geckos to come out today since I didnt get you anything"

I cant tell for sure but the eyes do not seem to be opening all the way. At times one or the other will look wide but then other times they appear shut. I just want to know if this is common in babies. This is day three so I expect a shed and I am hoping it fixes itself, but I would just like a little advice here.

If you saw her opening her eyes ,then I wouldn worry about it.Keep an eye on it.Was it bright when u checked her out?

Kwaynebb

Best way I can explain it is that ts eyelids like they are stuck together, but I can see a little bit of the eye itself. It has been in shed today, and has cleared the head of she'd skin but has not removed the rest as of yet. I have been spraying it down 2-3 times a day keeping it humid but not wet. Should I just ride it out or what?

ChristinaJ

I would wait a few more days and see, what is the morph of the baby? Albinos have extremely sensitive eyes when it comes to lights, so its possible its just closing them so the light isn't hurting it's eyes (if you have lights, this was just a possibility), or it's something that the baby might grow out of as it sheds and grows. If the baby doesn't eat or doesn't seem to be doing well it's possible that it's a genetic defect and there could be more serious issues you haven't noticed yet.

Kwaynebb

It is from Tangerine x Enigma, and there are no lights on the rack. I am going to try and snap some pictures when I get home and see if I can get some shots on here. It had not finished shed as of last night so I need to know if that is common. Do the babies take longer to shed out or could I be having problems there as well.

Russellm0704

I always spray down my tubs before i put hatchlings in them. I keep the babies at a bit higher humidity since they shed all the time. But they also are kept at a higher temp

Visit our friends