Heating your rack?

roger

Natashya. i went to homehardware and picked up rubbermaid tubs real cheap, u might want to check them out for rubbermaids.I bought my 2221's for only $7 reg $15.hope this helps

sammer021486

I think the one Natashya is thinking about is the one thats bought from home depot the industrial one and not the reptile one.I would hate to see her install the one from home depot and find out it doesnt get hot .Natashya if u buy the one from home depot ask what their return policy is for the cable in case it needs to be returned.Whatever u decide I hope it works out.let us know when your done maybe u can post some pics.

According to Warmly Yours website, they are able to get 15w/sq ft by the way that they wrap the cable in their fibreglass weave. I so I am thinking that if they are using a 9ft x 1ft roll of weave with 2" spacing between rows, that should approximate 50ft of cable I think that my math is right. Considering that Zoo Med's 11.5ft cable is only 15 watts along the entire length of the cable that actually heats, which is only 5 ft. I am thinking that the Warmly Yours cable should be able to heat the rack up nicely.

I have the 11.5ft zoo med cable and if the cable is laid a certain way I was achieving 100F through the 1/4" slate tile.

Home Depot's return policy for in store purchases do not mention anything about the item having to be in an un-opened, unused condition. It does mention that the product must be in those conditions if purchased online though.

I am very interested to see how this turns out, for if it works out nicely then I will be going the same route too.

roger

I'm interested in the different approaches people use.It doesnt matter what u use as long as there is about 5" or 6" width of 95 deg heat on one end for belly heat that is the most important thing.the main thing is also u dont want the bottom of the tub to scrape the heat cable or tape thats why u need to make a groove for the tape or cable to be below the shelf surface. so technically when the tub is over the tape or cable they are not even touching.this is also good for good air flow

Visit our friends