hello all

C

cfcritters

:main_thumbsup: We are very new to the gecko selling industry. We do not feel we are doing something right. People are not turned off by our beautiful geckos, just the high shipping prices. We are trying to sell 70 geckos but are having difficulties, we think, because of shipping. Does anyone have any suggestions to help us out? We worked hard for three years to build the collection of babies we have.

Erin Emilio
[email protected]

www.leap-in-lizards.com

N

Nastynotch

welcome erin.

its a hard industry.

im sure many of the folks here can help you

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Do you have an account set up with either FedEx or UPS? I'm not sure about UPS, but having an account with FedEx and doing everything online can get you better rates. Also, [by using the calculator on FedEx's site] if you estimate a shipping quote for someone, you may find that shipping overnight to certain areas is surprisingly less expensive than a lot of the "flat rate" shipping charges from some breeders. It might help when selling geckos to people from relatively close states. I've been able to ship overnight to some buyers for about $30, and I only charge what FedEx charges me. Just a thought.

Welcome to the forums ;)

S

sacredcreatures

Welcome Erin, I know what you are talking about. I also sell at Reptile shows within a reasonable distance and sometimes if I sell online to save on shipping I see if we can meet at a show and give them the gecko. Plus my husband is a truck driver so if they live in an area that he goes to, I mention this and as long as they can travel to a truck stop on the Interstate he is traveling he is more than happy to drop off the gecko. I know that might not help you but you can ask people if they can meet you within a short distance and get the gecko to them. Lastly you can usually ship up to 4 geckos in the same box for the same shipping rate so that helps cut down the total cost for some. I hope this helps but I am sure there are other ideas out there. This is the best site with great knowledgable people. You will love it here. And don't forget to post pictures of your geckos! We all love to see pictures!!! Deb;)

Visit our friends