Hello everyone!!!!

OssieReptiles

I am a young reptile keeper looking to dive into reptiles. I have never kept geckos before but have done lots of research on them. I plan to get my first within the next 2-3 years depending on a few factors. And I’m in the camp of unfortunate beginners who doesn’t like leopards and cresteds that much. :( this makes it hard to find an intriguing beginner species

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Do you have any idea if you're interested in terrestrial geckos or arboreal geckos? Large geckos or smaller geckos? geckos that can be handled or just for display. If you say some things about some features you're interested in, we may have some specific suggestions.

Aliza

OssieReptiles

Big fan of arboreal geckos especially if they are vocal. I also would like for it to eventually be handleable but that’s not a huge problem for me if it’s not. I like them to be pretty colorful. But unfortunately I have a pretty small budget for the geckos themselves.

My favorite gecko is the satanic leaf tailed gecko but I live in colorado and keeping that high humidity 70-100% here is extremely difficult

anyway thanks for the welcome!!

OssieReptiles

I have been looking into Tokays because I think that with enough preparation I could socialize one. I’m not completely decided on this either though. so if anyone has information on tokays regarding handling that would be amazing. All in all thanks for your help!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Yes, I was thinking about Tokays. I've heard that young ones can be socialized and I don't think they're too expensive. I have no personal experience with them.

Aliza

Visit our friends