Help identify this male

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Well this is an older picture of my male he was sold to me as a Tangerine Tremper het RAPTOR
DSC01433.jpg

112045.jpg

(Ignore the female he was in there for a day or two until I got hes cage set up)
And here is an eye shot
112037.jpg

They are both bigger now due to wax worms I would take new pictures but lost the USB

R

redza

hmm... it looks like a gecko :p
im still new to identifying gecko's
sorry cant help, just a busy body in town :D

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
What makes you think it isn't a Tangerine Tremper? I doubt you'll be able to get any definitive answers without new pictures, it looks like the colors are WAY off in the ones you posted.

sunshinegeckofarm

Obsessed with Leos
looks like a tang tremper to me. whether its het for raptor can be only found out by breeding it with a het raptor or a raptor. his color should get better with age but its hard to see its tangyness in the pictures since the pictures have a yellow hue to them. but its a pretty gecko nonetheless

Taquiq

JK Herp
It CAN"T be het RAPTOR. Albino appears in the phenotype and it can't appear in the genotype on the same gecko.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
It CAN"T be het RAPTOR. Albino appears in the phenotype and it can't appear in the genotype on the same gecko.

Alright. I was doing pretty well until you said that. Please correct me here, but isn't it missing the ruby eye and the patternless? Can't it be het for those? Can you simply, for we novices, explain what you said about the genotype and phenotype stuff?

My head hurts..

Srt14292

Est; 1992

When stating that a gecko is het for RAPTOR is basically saying it has the necessary genes to create a RAPTOR or APTOR at the next breeding.
Bit like saying with the blizzards can be het Diablo blanco (Diablo blanco being a Blizzard x Tremper x Eclipse)
Its alot easier then saying they are multiple hets.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
When stating that a gecko is het for RAPTOR is basically saying it has the necessary genes to create a RAPTOR or APTOR at the next breeding.
Bit like saying with the blizzards can be het Diablo blanco (Diablo blanco being a Blizzard x Tremper x Eclipse)
Its alot easier then saying they are multiple hets.

So are you agreeing that it can't be het raptor, or that it can? I don't understand why it can't be. Can't it be showing some of the raptor traits, while being recessive for others? I mean, raptor isn't just one ingredient.

Allee Toler

It can be het RAPTOR. It's het for eclipse and patternless (not murphy's). He's simply saying that instead of saying Tang Tremper het eclipse het patternless, it's much easier to say Tang Tremper het RAPTOR.

And "Taquiq" aka Hyposhawn on GU isn't exactly an expert either. I would still consider him a Novice who's still learning and asking questions as well.

Visit our friends