Help! Thin tail and sore lump!

EchoAngel

I discovered today my Leopard Gecko Dave has some kind of sore lump/patch, at the base of his tail on the underneath of him. His tail is also looking very very thin.

Of course I'm going to take him to the vets first things in the morning (Well, the reptile place I got him from because I'm not sure if an average vet place deals in reptiles? Does anyone know if i need to take him to a special vets? Its almost 7pm so no where is open i dont think)

But for now im really worried about him and wanted any kind of advice or find out maybe what it could be or if i could help him?

He has a diet of meal worms, and always had acsess to fresh calcium and water. I don't often see him eating, i wonder if he just dosent eat much or he eats when i'm not looking.
Hes sometimes had a beetle or two wondering around his tank, i usually catch them and extract them but due to meal worms escaping from the dish often, im worried if it was anything to do with the beetles maybe biting him and making him sore?

He's also been sleeping what seems like all the time this past few days, usually he'd be seen walking around or awake a lot
Whenever i'd open the cage door he'd always wake up or be on the alert, but he just sleeps now...

I appreciate any advice you can give!
Thankyou so much!

P7201658.jpg

P7201657.jpg

Last edited:

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Super Dave ill

I discovered today my Leopard Gecko Dave has some kind of sore lump/patch, at the base of his tail on the underneath of him.
But for now im really worried about him and wanted any kind of advice or find out maybe what it could be or if i could help him?

I appreciate any advice you can give!
Thank you so much!

P7201657.jpg

From this photo it appears Super Dave has a prolapse or a sperm plug.
REPTILE vet....careful, knowledgeable vets are needed for geckos.
Warm soaks have helped with my male super snow (not Dave)
......and.even removed a sperm plug.
He'll be very sensitive and the swelling is usually hard to the touch.
note: I have tried preparation H with no success.
But reptile vet is more the answer.
Good luck. Take care. HJ

Last edited:

Visit our friends