Help with under tank heating coil for geckos

Sammerz1990

3 Year Member
ok cool. im waiting on my tax return haaha it will be here in the next couple days. then im going bananas with it haha im getting hopefully... 2 new leos and a Pembroke welsh corgi mal puppy haha for $300 im so exited =]

Landen

LSReptiles
i just bought a zoo med heating cord for under the tank... has anyone ever used this ? do you recommend ?

I use heat cables on all of my racks. They do work great but are usually too long for individual tank use. If you got a small one it'll work, but just make sure you don't cross the cable over itself as it can be a fire hazard. Use electrical tape and tape it to the bottom of the tank.

Gopherhockey03

Landen you will have to post pics of your Rack system!!!!! I almost put just Landen show us your rack caught myself tho hahaha

Landen

LSReptiles
LMAO... glad you explained!

I just bought a new hous in Sept so still kinda gettin situated but will put some pics up soon.

Landen

LSReptiles
No I use the bigger 15 ft cords which I use on my wall rack. Each board has a 3/8 grove running paralell to the wall about 4 inches from the back of where the tubs sit. Each cord does two rows so I use 4-6 depending on what size of tubs I'm using at that time. All plugged into two thermostats.

Landen

LSReptiles
LOL.... ok... ok.... Ya'll have prompted me to not stall any longer on rearranging the room so that I can take some pics for you guys.... I'll get at it this weekend so should have some pics up by end of the weekend.

Visit our friends