Hey new guy here!

A

Asaul

I am considering picking up a few leopard Geckos Wednesday! I have experience raising a Crested Gecko and a Bearded Dragon; However, this will be my first leopard.

My question deals with tank size. I currently have a 120g tank that I plan on putting my leopards into. I have yet to see anyone on this site with a tank of this size. The UTH won't be a problem because I have multiple of them coming in tomorrow. I guess my question is, is there any reason why people don't have larger tanks?

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I would assume mostly due to lack of space nor the need for one so big for leopard geckos. If I had one available I would like to make a huge habitat for them. Maintaining a cage of that size will also be a pain.

5HiddenLizards

Tight Budget Herping
Many people house multiple lizards & its easier to have lots of small tanks, instead of one huge one. Plus, from what I've read, sometimes the females will create a pecking order & bully other females, so they feel its best to keep them separated. Some females can be housed together though. A lot of people breed their lizards and only put the males with the females during their breeding season. This helps in keeping the stress level of the female down, so the male isn't constantly pestering her. Plus if your male is with your female constantly you could have eggs that you would need to be worrying about 24/7.

ZooKeeperKarin

I have (I believe...it's huge) a 95 gallon and only have 1 male and 1 female in it. There is a UTH on either end, 2 warm hides and 2 humid hides.
I also have a single small female in a 10 gallon, and a single giant male in a 40 gallon.

I have spoiled geckos. ;)

Visit our friends