How different?

GeckoGoon

How different are fatties compared to leos in terms of care and feeding?
I know fatties need a bit more humidity, but I don't know much else. :D
I'm going to read up on them of course but, if one can keep a leo, keep a fat tailed isn't that much different is it?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Fatties do need a bit more humidity, so I keep them in a planted tank. They usually won't eat mealworms so crickets (or roaches I guess) are a must. Outside of that I think they're very similar.

Aliza

Saille

I have to ditto Knobs, I keep mine on paper towel and tile substrate and just mist them nightly. I have found in my experience, I have better luck with fatties than I have with leos, but it could just be me.
My male won't touch worms of any kind, but my female fatty loves everything and readily eats all kinds of stuff, from super worms and phoenix worms to roaches.

GeckoGoon

I have to ditto Knobs, I keep mine on paper towel and tile substrate and just mist them nightly. I have found in my experience, I have better luck with fatties than I have with leos, but it could just be me.
My male won't touch worms of any kind, but my female fatty loves everything and readily eats all kinds of stuff, from super worms and phoenix worms to roaches.

Awesome.
I use repti-carpet for my leo but I'm going to switch to paper towels.
I'm fine with not feeding mealies a I have crickets on hand and have wanted to start a roach colony, now here's another reason to. :D
Thanks everyone.

Visit our friends