How many hides for 2 geckos?

ggg111

If I have two geckos how many hides do I need? I have one warm dry, and one moist cool-ish. I wantd to know since I have two geckos if I need two warm dry and two moists? Right now they both use the same try (an sleep on each other sometimes - too cute) but they seem to alternate when they use the moist hide.

Thanks

GeckoTrouble

Double the hides, but be sure you are only housing two females together and not a male and female or two males.
It is also a good idea to have a second set up ready to go in case they change their minds and start fighting.

gaparicio

Let's Go Bears!
I say it depends on the geckos. I have a bin where 3 females are housed together with 3 hides. Two are moist hides while one is dry. All 3 females love to stay together in one of the moist hides. Most of my other bins are single gecko bins where only one hide (moist) is sufficient.

serialzombie

Ἴκαρος
The health of your geckos, not the formula is most important.

I would probably use at least three. Four would be prudent. But I would ultimately determine the appropriate amount of hides based on what they use.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
2 BIG hides is all you need. (assuming they get along and all "play nice" with each other)

One on the cool side, and one on the hot side.

For all my 20 gallon long tanks that i have 3 geckos each in, i only have 2 BIG hides. Large enough where they all can fit in it if they are all hot or cold at the same time. You'll see that they will all cuddle up with each other inside of it. The way i do it, is if the inside space of the hide is large enough for all 3 full grown adult leos to fit in it, and not be cramped, and with enough room to turn around in, then they will be quite happy and all do just fine.

Visit our friends