How Often

How often do you feed your cresties and gargs?

• everyday

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • every other day

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • other

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

SnakeKeeper

I've always got CGD in my garg's enclosure. I clean the dish and replace it every other day. Since I've got a dubia colony for the beardie, I throw her a few young dubia every now and then, too. :)

adam&nikki

i feed mine crickets or meals every other day baby food (fruit ) mixed with supplements on the inbetween days and nothing on sundays

dunderpate

Born Again Gecko
adam&nikki
every other day baby food (fruit ) mixed with supplements

It's been said a 100 times before, cresties are better off eating CGD . Crickets are fine too but more for my entertainment. Otherwise I find crickets to be a pain in the ass. Baby food and supplements are more work and more expensive and offer little of the essential nutrients your cresties need to be happy and healthy.

My 1lb bag lasts over a year between two adult and teen cresties, feeding every other day. Last longer if I used smaller food dishes, it's not like they finish the whole dish before it dries out. CGD is packed full of everything your gecko needs. They might even out live you, certainly if all you're eating is baby food. :D

Last edited:
M

mom2twinsplus2

I was feeding CGD every other day but now that my house is drier for the winter, I am finding it is really too dried out at the end of each day. I have thought about going in there and adding more water in the morning so that it will hopefully be in usable shape for the second night but I have not gotten to it yet. For now, I have just been feeding everynight. I mist once a day at night but I have thought about upping that a bit now in the winter as well. I offer roaches about once a week but honestly, I don't know how many of them are getting eaten...every once in a while, I stir up the bedding or move the tree and find a roach even when it has been days since I added them. All three of my Crested had crickets about once a week before they came to live at my house but none of them have eaten any of the crickets I have offered to them. I don't know...the meal worm I offered once just sat there as well. I have thought about maybe adding a small amount of a meat baby food every now and again just to be sure they are getting whatever meat protein they need but the roaches/worms/cricket offerings here seem to be generate very little interest.

Alison

Visit our friends