How to put on under tank heater

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
I have this uth from all living things and I can't find anything sticky to appy to the tank. Do I have to put it under the substrate? Which is ahesieve tiles. Please help

Pinky81

Usually it will have a sticky side that you peel a sheet off of and then apply to the outside of tank on the bottom.

Pinky81

so you have a 6x8 going onto a 20 gal Long tank?

Then somewhere on the UTH there should be a peel off sheet or film over top the sticky stuff..did it come with instructions?

Pinky81

How big is your TANK? 5gal, 10gal, 20 gal? I ask because if it is a smaller tank then maybe the UTH fits into the plastic on the bottom of the tank. And that would also mean that UTH will cover more the 1/3 of the tank floor. Im wondering this because its a Frog set up not a set up geared for Leo's

I do not have experience with this brand as I don't buy the kits..so maybe someone else who does can help..otherwise call the place you got the kit from and ask if they will help you set it up.

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
How big is your TANK? 5gal, 10gal, 20 gal? I ask because if it is a smaller tank then maybe the UTH fits into the plastic on the bottom of the tank. And that would also mean that UTH will cover more the 1/3 of the tank floor. Im wondering this because its a Frog set up not a set up geared for Leo's

I do not have experience with this brand as I don't buy the kits..so maybe someone else who does can help..otherwise call the place you got the kit from and ask if they will help you set it up.

I have a twenty gallon :/

Pinky81

I say give the store a call....I caution you to use it inside the tank...if you leo diggs down and lays on top of the UTH itself it could burn it! Unless you have a thermostat to make sure the temp doesn't get too high.

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
I say give the store a call....I caution you to use it inside the tank...if you leo diggs down and lays on top of the UTH itself it could burn it! Unless you have a thermostat to make sure the temp doesn't get too high.

What if I use tiles?

Joao

v Snowflake v
All living thing kits come with flukers uth. They are the same style as ultratherm UTH's.

Is this what you have?

DSCN0240.jpg

Joao

v Snowflake v
I recomend using aluminum tape to stick it under the tank.

Make sure you don't have a 20 gallon long ... Its a little too small for it.

Joao

v Snowflake v
When they say 10-20 gallon they mean the regular 20 gallon not the long.

I use the zoomed 30-40 gallon on my 20 long.

I also bought the all living things kit when I first got my leo and they are really designed with 10 gallons in mind. in the end it was pretty much useless for me.I do like the small flukers uth for my "shed suana", though.

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
When they say 10-20 gallon they mean the regular 20 gallon not the long.

I use the zoomed 30-40 gallon on my 20 long.

I also bought the all living things kit when I first got my leo and they are really designed with 10 gallons in mind. in the end it was pretty much useless for me.I do like the small flukers uth for my "shed suana", though.
So should I just take it back for something else?

Visit our friends