How to put on under tank heater

Joao

v Snowflake v
So should I just take it back for something else?

Idk returning it is up to you, but you should def get a bigger size uth.

I'm a little hesitant in suggesting the 30-40 gallon zoomed since I had to mount it a little funny, but I'm pretty happy with mine.

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
Idk returning it is up to you, but you should def get a bigger size uth.

I'm a little hesitant in suggesting the 30-40 gallon zoomed since I had to mount it a little funny, but I'm pretty happy with mine.

Okay I am going to return it because I would like it better attached to the tank. I am going to get zoo med like you said. What do you mean mount it weird?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
You don't exactly have to "mount" it perse... I have the cobra uth and it doesn't come with adhesive either. I just put it up and put a piece of plastic styrafoam under it to hold the uth up. It breathes, insulates the uth to direct the heat upwards, and holds everything in place real nice.

This is the stuff I used:

361587501445-PEmaA.jpeg

361587107205-khfvr.jpeg

It's more like styrofoam pipe wrap but harder plastic, and more porous. You can find it packed in tv and stereo boxes and it doesn't crumble when you pull at it. I had to cut it with a ginsu knife :)

However I do agree that a 6x8 mat is too small for a 20 long tank. Minimum I would suggest is 6x11, 7 or 12 watt.

Joao

v Snowflake v
Picture shows how I put it on. It was like 1/2" too big to go horiontally. There's plenty of threads with UTH reccomendations. Do some research on all the different suggestions before making your decision.

DSCN0238.jpg

RawrItsAlexander

Samantha and Alexander
Picture shows how I put it on. It was like 1/2" too big to go horiontally. There's plenty of threads with UTH reccomendations. Do some research on all the different suggestions before making your decision.

DSCN0238.jpg

Thanks so much guys

Visit our friends