Humid hide in rack

Russellm0704

I am currently setting up my own rack. I have seen a lot of leopard gecko rack YouTube videos and it did not seem that any of the people provided humid hides for their leo's in the tubs. I thought that humid hides were a must in leo's? By the way I am using 16 qt tubs in my rack to house single adults.

andrew5859

Hats Off Exotics
Typically the tubs that are sealed (in my case) get enough humidity in them that is sufficient for them. (Mine has water on the side of a few of my tubs from the humidity) As for a lidless rack im not sure if it would provide the same humidity or not. Usually lidless tubs are very snug to the shelf above so I would imagine it would provide the same humidity.

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
I give a humid hide in each of my tubs, but ocassionaly a new purchase goes without for a few days, then I just give a single spritz of water on the back (hot) side of the tub.

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
IMAG0127.jpg

Sorry if its a mess :p

Paper towel substrate, tupperware with moist paper towel for moist hide, and I've been using these random brick corner pieces as dry hides and they seem to love them, and i love them for 60c each LOL. The brick hides also give a nice rough surface to rub on when they shed. The bowl full of worms and calcium gets dumped out and cleaned and filled with water for a day each week, then back to worms and calcium in the bowl (bowls were $1 each in the hermit crab section at petsmart).

Overall each tub cost me less than $5 including the tub.

LZRDGRL

I like the idea with the bricks! :main_thumbsup: Especially for shedding. Do they have holes to climb in, or how can they be a dry hide? Where do you get them from? Don't they make the tubs rather heavy?

Chrissy

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
IMAG0128.jpg

Here is a side shot of the brick. I got them at home depot in Florida, but believe menards has them here too. They do make the tub a bit heavy, but not too heavy.

dlefik2008

cool idea. i been considering doing a rack type of setup as my wife and i are starting to get more serious about expanding our collection and tanks for all of them is just not going to work. i like the brick idea too for shedding. i know for a while i had a problem with my male raptor destroying his setup at shed time because i couldn't find something rough and heavy enough for him to rub on, and he would rub everything making a hellacious mess by the time the shed was done.

thanks for the nice idea.

Visit our friends