Humphrey, the baby Leopard Gecko. Morph?

Katherine

3 Year Member
I didn't weigh him the first day I got him, but I did like 2 days ago and he's 4 grams. I don't know much about morphs, but does anyone know what kind he is? ? He's from petco...I just want to get an idea.

Humphrey.jpg Humphrey2.jpg

jfreemo75

3 Year Member
Not an expert on morphs, but I'd say some sort of hypo tangerine something. That just means there are not that many spots on him and he'sorange or yellow. You can just do a seach on-line and see if there are any that look like him. It's really hard to tell when they are that small though, because they change so much as they grow.
He's a cutie!

Katherine

3 Year Member
Not an expert on morphs, but I'd say some sort of hypo tangerine something. That just means there are not that many spots on him and he'sorange or yellow. You can just do a seach on-line and see if there are any that look like him. It's really hard to tell when they are that small though, because they change so much as they grow.
He's a cutie!
Hey, thanks for replying. I searched yesterday...but you're right, it's very hard to tell. The little ones all have so many different markings and most of the ones that popped up kind of looked like him, but kinda didn't lol.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Not a tangerine, buy I'd agree he's a hypo. But the patterning is somewhere between a jungle and a stripe. He is probably a product of a stripe breeding program. This is my stripe male, and even his stripe is kinda crooked.
000_0242 web.JPG

Landen

LSReptiles
Hypo's and tangs are one of the more common morphs so there are many different variations of them since so many people are breeding different lines. I'd say it's a hypo and could have a low grade of tang bred into it, but really its hard to tell unless you know the lines it came from. Petco/Petsmart gecko's are wholesale lots from large volume breeders that have been wholesaled to the chain, therefor it's pretty much impossible to find out it's lineage. Like leolover stated, it'll change as it groes most likely ending with more spots than it has now.

Normal patterns are banded, when you breed for stripes you can get a wide range of varying jungles (incomplete stripes). Jungles usually have some striping to the tail. Rarely you'll get whats called an Abberant, that's were the bands connect (like yours) and form a circle back pattern. But since he's a hypo the darker and lighter oranges will eventually blend together and become very faint and almost look patternless.

Katherine

3 Year Member
Hypo's and tangs are one of the more common morphs so there are many different variations of them since so many people are breeding different lines. I'd say it's a hypo and could have a low grade of tang bred into it, but really its hard to tell unless you know the lines it came from. Petco/Petsmart gecko's are wholesale lots from large volume breeders that have been wholesaled to the chain, therefor it's pretty much impossible to find out it's lineage. Like leolover stated, it'll change as it groes most likely ending with more spots than it has now.

Normal patterns are banded, when you breed for stripes you can get a wide range of varying jungles (incomplete stripes). Jungles usually have some striping to the tail. Rarely you'll get whats called an Abberant, that's were the bands connect (like yours) and form a circle back pattern. But since he's a hypo the darker and lighter oranges will eventually blend together and become very faint and almost look patternless.

Thanks for the reply, I actually need to post a new pic of him because he has developed a carrot tail.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
He's adorable, Katherine! I hope you have other photos you can share also. Can we see his enclosure?

Visit our friends