I can't get the humid hide hotter!

prettyinpink

I changed Beau's humid hide over to moss (I'm trying everything) and now it's all cold. I can't get it hot. It's about 75-80* :main_no: I'm not sure what to do.
I have shelf liner as a substrate atm since I got rid of my reptile carpet (about a week ago).

But now that I took the reptile carpet out...the the warm side floor feels so hot so I put a small shirt in there so he won't burn his belly. The shirt isn't under the hide so it can pick up the heat... BUT the humid hide refuses to get nice and hot. So I'm at a loss. And when I touch the very bottom of the hide it's buring hot, but the inside is not warm at all! >.<

Suggestions? Thanks:main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
my humid hides are always on the cool side of my tubs, but sounds like you definitely need a digital thermometer to see how hot it really is on the warm side.

robin

it may not get over 80. a humid hide is not heat to be hot its meant to be warm and humid. also the ambient air may be causing it to get cooler.

prettyinpink

Shawn- I have a temp probe, my measurements of temps are accurate.

Robin- Oh ok, I thought you wanted to humid hide nice and warm so it helps them with their food...

I'm gonna pick up some tile so the floor is nice and warm but not burning hot.

Visit our friends