Ideal Temperature

cryptid_hunter

hey cryptid- My apologies I misread your post.I thought u said 82 degrees..I read 82 degrees.need to get my glasses on LOL Sorry bud.yes that is correct anything over 92 Dgrees is not good for incubation.I hope u accept my apology

No problem man, no worries.

cryptid_hunter

Yes that was what I was wondering. Which would you increase, the UTH or the infrared. I'm hitting 93 with just my UTH so I don't fret too much about cold NW PA. winters, I'm at 104 with my infrared on so lookin like I'll be installing a rheostat or thermostat very soon here. But mainly the question is which would you increase since they're belly heat kinda herps, larger UTH or the infrared?

It will be much easier to increase the temp with the overhead/infrared. Just make sure there is sufficient heat coming from the UTH for them to "belly bask" though since that is what helps so much with their digestion. But just going up to the next wattage bulb should be enough to balance things out in the colder winter months as long as it doesn't get too cold in your house, or wherever you keep your herps.

Visit our friends