Ideas on viv for milii

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
Hey all! I just bought a little U. milii girl from Marcia! I have a 20 L mansion for her and I was wondering if anyone has some ideas for setting up a neat vivarium for her. She will eventually get a boyfriend who will be housed seperately until she's able to breed..which is in a year. So, he will need a super-cool vivarium too! If anyone has any ideas, let me know! I am REALLY excited about setting it up since it will be my first vivarium set-up. Pictures would be awesome or links to cool stuff! Thanks!!!! :main_yes:

Mallorie

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Here are the pics of one of my U. milii tanks. (You can see their little faces inside the cave):

GeckoRoom15.jpg

warren63

Heres pics of my 2 tanks, they are overhead shots as the rear and side of the tanks are blacked out and the reflection i get from the flash ruins the picture.
this tank is my main one and currently houses a trio. they love crawling all over the vine. i do however remove the vine and vine on feeding nights so less places for the crickets to hide.
Picture073.jpg

this shot is my original tank and i now used to house one milii female which is too young to breed and the male was bullying her.
Picture072.jpg

malt_geckos

Thanks for the replies!

Warren, what substrate are you using in the tanks? I know Marcia said to use a 50/50 mix a repti sand(I think) and sifted peat moss. Just curious to know what you're using? I like that top set up you have.

Marcia, those little faces are so adorable! I can't wait till it warms up so I can get her!

warren63

Its a mix of red desert sand bought from the pet shop mixed with what we call play pit/sand pit sand, its bought from the hardware store for $5-$6 for a 10kg bag, lots of gecko keepers in oz use just the sand pit sand as their substrate, i only mixed it as i had a bag of the red desert sand. (Its the type of sand as the name suggests is used in childrens sand pits)

malt_geckos

I have some really cool flat rocks from West Virginia I'm going to silicone together to use as a hide or two. I'm so excited! I wish the weather would cooperate so I can get her!

Select Gex

My two biggest suggestions would be...

Don't be afraid to build high! These geckos love a good climb and will explore anything you throw at them. Desert wood that reaches tall will be taken advantage of.

Stacked slate! I noticed these geckos to really enjoy climbing and hiding in stacked stone.

Good luck, these are truly awesome geckos that will capture your heart in a second!

Visit our friends