incubator and box lay eggs substrate

naz_ruless

hi..i got a few question about the substrate for incubate and box laying eggs..
currently i use a peatmoss(they got brand but i dont remembered)for the box laying eggs..is it okay if the peatmoss got mix with other chemical(i dont know wherether got or not)i get the peatmoss from the gardening hardware..
and can i use the peatmoss for incubate the eggs??how inch should the substrate be for incubate??hope you can help..:)

adam&nikki

peat moss should be ok for a lay bin but in the incubator i would use vermiculite but other members might want to put their imput in on this

Redleg

If you are not sure if there is ANY types of chemical that my have gotten mixed in with the moss, then DO NOT use it.

If you can not afford at this time to purchase another bag of moss (that does not have anything added like fertilizers) then you should differ your decision to breed.

The leos will do their thing there is no doubt about that. What you then incur is the cost for the incubation media, incubating container, the incubator itself, reliable thermometer, and the eventual housing of new leos.

This is just a partial list, there is more, I am just trying to get you to start asking yourself questions, if you don't know what these questions are, then start finding out what the questions are to get the answers that you need. This forum is a great source to start.......so you are heading in the right direction.

Visit our friends