Is it possible for my baby gecko to be scared of my cat only looking in the cage?

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

I have cats, it is impossible for my cats to harm my baby leopard gecko considering we have clamps, but they sometimes look in my baby leopard gecko's cage, can this harm my baby gecko stress wise.:anxious::help::worried:

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

Okay. :( thanks, but if I did move my cage to a room and shut the door, will my gecko recover? (stress wise) Or will he still be scared, if he does become so.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
He'll be fine once you remove him from the stress factor(i.e. cat). I agree that hatchlings/juveniles may be stressed by being stared at by a cat(compare it you if you were camping and were being stared at by a bear or lion) but I will say this: my cats often accompany me into my gecko room and stare at the adults in their tubs which some of which are at eye level with them, and the geckos ignore them. Most will eat right in front of the cats, and pretty much do their normal activities. This is, however supervised and for short periods of time. Long term staring would no doubt stress them out.

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

Okay, Thank you so much T-ReXx. I will for sure do this. I am going to be moving the cage from the open room, but the factor before was that my cat watched him at night time, when we were asleep so we couldnt do much about it. But thanks for your advice, it's been greatly appreciated.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
compare it you if you were camping and were being stared at by a bear or lion.

Oh my gosh that'll be horrible! I always sit in front of my geckos' tank to look at them, so that's comparible to King Kong staring through your apartment window I guess, LOL.

Sorry, I have nothing to add to this post. :p

maximusx6910

Or you can be like my tremper albino, and just stare right back! haha. one encounter stare down. and then i kicked the cat out haha

maximusx6910

Good thing is the cat never comes into my room, and is too old to jump up where i keep them she is 21 years old. haha

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

Yeah, I dont need to worry about it anymore i moved the cage into my room and now I keep the door closed always. I was just worried those times would make her skidish since she is so young. but she still has her great personality and is back to normal! :D

maximusx6910

Yeah, I dont need to worry about it anymore i moved the cage into my room and now I keep the door closed always. I was just worried those times would make her skidish since she is so young. but she still has her great personality and is back to normal! :D

haha thats good, my baby is now starting to come out by his/herself now.

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
King Of Kongs

Oh my gosh that'll be horrible! I always sit in front of my geckos' tank to look at them, so that's comparible to King Kong staring through your apartment window I guess, LOL.
Sorry, I have nothing to add to this post. :p

HaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Man Did this give me a LFT (laugh for today)
My cat OZZIE is like King Kong with people,
(attack cat)
but he actually found one of my lost geckos.(no harm)
He will lay and watch the lower tank occupants eat.
One gecko, on a lower shelf, would not eat, so I moved
OZZIE's food bowl near the area.
The gecko started eating on his own while OZZIE watched.
Now if I had it on film, even Walt (RIP) Disney
would want it.
Take care. HJ

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
LOL, the geckos probably started eating under the pressure of the staring eyes...Can you send OZZIE over to watch some my females?? All 3 of them quit eating recently.

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Gecko Obligations

LOL, the geckos probably started eating under the pressure of the staring eyes...Can you send OZZIE over to watch some my females?? All 3 of them quit eating recently.

Now under contract
obligations with Disney.
Sorry.
Take care. HJ

GeckoNub

I have 2 cats and Ralph especially loves watching the geckos, especially at feeding times :) He likes the bugs :)

We had to start locking my shed door or he would open it and sit on the table watching the roaches through the plastic tub :main_laugh:

Apart from the initial shock of "im in a new place, this is weird, OMG WHAT IS THAT FURRY THING?!!", my geckos dont seem scared of the cats at all. Infact Bubba and Daisy will watch the cats when theyre wrestling on the floor :)

One time Ralph looked at Peppa and she ran up to the side and stared back until he moved :)

So i dont think any real harm will come from your gecko seeing ur cats aslong as the cats arent trying to get at the gecko. Its all just nature getting along and they just accept its something else in the house to live with :)

Visit our friends