Is this a good choice for a hide?

monkeytechahoo

I use the medium for mine and my daughter has the medium for hers, both geckos love them and so do we. We use sphagnum moss in ours and check it one to 2times a week.

theCREECH

I was wondering with that hide.. Does the floor heat still transfer to the inside of the hide? just wondering since the Leos perfer bellie heat.

not critizising at all just wanted to know.

Skydiver Keith

I was wondering with that hide.. Does the floor heat still transfer to the inside of the hide? just wondering since the Leos perfer bellie heat.

not critizising at all just wanted to know.
No, no without modification. The way this hide is cast creates an air pocket under the hide effectively insulating it.

jerry

All I Need Is My Leo ONYX
Iwanted To Get The Large For When My Gecko Gets Bigger And Its Roomie But Was Wondering If I Get It While Hes Smaller Will He Be able To Climb Up And Get In There

Skydiver Keith

Iwanted To Get The Large For When My Gecko Gets Bigger And Its Roomie But Was Wondering If I Get It While Hes Smaller Will He Be able To Climb Up And Get In There
Mine was able to climb onto the medium as a baby. IMO, the medium is the perfect size for an adult leo, with the large being too big.

jerry

All I Need Is My Leo ONYX
Mine was able to climb onto the medium as a baby. IMO, the medium is the perfect size for an adult leo, with the large being too big.

ok thank you, just curious because i havent owned a leopard gecko yet so i just wanted to make sure that little hole was big enough for a full grown adult to get in and out of

Miykael81

I have it sitting in the setup now and it looks like a pretty good size. I would agree that it probably(the medium size) is more than sufficient for an adult to get in and out of(and hide inside).

monkeytechahoo

Here's some pics of my Griff, he's an adult and 95grams. His is a medium and he has plenty of space to just about stretch out in the hide.

Amy

I know this is an old thread but is the medium good for 2 geckos inside it?

I caught my two juvies in my medium size one together this morning, they fit in quite nicely with room to spare but I doubt 2 adults would fit well, you would probably have to go with the large size for that...

PaladinGirl

I use something similar to this but it is the Exo Terra brand. I have the medium, which I thought would be too big because she's a juvenile but she has not trouble getting onto it. I put sphagnum moss and paper towels in it, and mist daily.

Visit our friends