Is this habitat going to work?

dmbfan128

Hey everyone,
I am currently looking into buying (more like going to buy) a baby leopard gecko and i was looking at habitats online and found a good looking relatively cheap one on ebay. I was wondering would a 12x12x12 (LxWxH) habitat work for a baby leopard gecko? And how long until i would need to upgrade the tank size i was just going to get this one because it will be easier to find space for it in my dorm room. Here is the link for the habitat i found, http://cgi.ebay.com/Exo-Terra-Glass-Terrarium-12x12x12-Reptile-Cage-PT2600_W0QQitemZ200396652029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea8923dfd#ht_2854wt_762

Thanks,
Ben

Khrysty

Looks like it'd be just fine. Prolly until the little one reached around 40 grams or so--so anywhere between six and nine months old?

LizMarie

For that price I'd get a regular 10 (20x10) or 15 (24x12) gallon and find the extra few inches to put it on. Their bigger but you won't have to worry about upgrading since a 10 or 15gallon will house a gecko perfectly fine as long as it has all the proper elements.

Check your resident booklet carefully because a lot of dorms don't allow pets even one's in tanks/cages and if they found out you could get into a lot of trouble such as fines, points against you and I would hate for you and your gecko to be out in the cold with no where to go, lol.

dmbfan128

Thanks, the only reason i looked at this was because it has the screen top with it. I will probably end up just buying a regular 20 gallon and hopefully they will have the screen with it. Oh and I am aloud to have the gecko =P any lizard is aloud as long as it is under 8 inches

LizMarie

Thanks, the only reason i looked at this was because it has the screen top with it. I will probably end up just buying a regular 20 gallon and hopefully they will have the screen with it. Oh and I am aloud to have the gecko =P any lizard is aloud as long as it is under 8 inches

you have a very nice university, lol..

Search craigslist. I found a 20gallon long with screen lid for just $20 and it was barely used I just had to pick it up and it was only 10 minutes away.

Khrysty

I WISH I went to your school! My school won't allow any animals that dont spend 90% of their life in water

Kolkri

This is my Pumpkin
I have to say if I am going to spend that much I would go ahead and get one large enough that well work forever.

Misstasha

I have to say if I am going to spend that much I would go ahead and get one large enough that well work forever.

agreed!! I've found lots of tanks for FREE on craigslist - i got 2 20 gallons for free and a 60 gallon for free! 60 gallon was brand new too!!! that was a lucky find tho lol

Jus look around for tanks - it doesn't matter if they dont hold water you'll find a good tank for cheap!!!! also go to aquarium stores ask for cracked/used tanks..

Visit our friends