P1020332.jpg

P1020281.jpg

Spotted python (Mt. Malloy locality)

P1020043.jpg

P1020045.jpg

P1010784.jpg

Cheers,

Pokersnake

Now I've heard a lot of conflicting information. How big will a Spotted get? I have one that's (i'm guessing" 1.5 or 2 years old. She's eating f/t hoppers. I was told that she would eventually eat something the size of a small weaned rat. On the other hand I've heard she'll never get large enough to eat a fully grown mouse. That's quite a size difference in my opinion.

Also, out of curiosity, how big is your Carpet? They're gorgeous, but if they get over 6 feet, I can't have one without a permit (moving to anothert state that has such laws).

red-ink

Now I've heard a lot of conflicting information. How big will a Spotted get? I have one that's (i'm guessing" 1.5 or 2 years old. She's eating f/t hoppers. I was told that she would eventually eat something the size of a small weaned rat. On the other hand I've heard she'll never get large enough to eat a fully grown mouse. That's quite a size difference in my opinion.

Also, out of curiosity, how big is your Carpet? They're gorgeous, but if they get over 6 feet, I can't have one without a permit (moving to anothert state that has such laws).

Spotteds will depend on the genetics, there are reports of them getting 1.5, never seen one personally. Mine is 2 years old and at her last shed is at 85cm. She takes a velvet rat every 10 days.

I have a locality specific JCP so it should be around 5-6 full grown. It is currently at 1.1m at a year old. Some localities of JCPs struggle to get top 5 feet.

Visit our friends