Jeez, I need a gecko sitter!

Allee Toler

I'm going to FL for 42 days, Nov 18th-Dec 30th.

I need someone located in San Diego (or surrounding area, I can ship, but not too far) to take on 3 babies, 2 juvies, and 2 adults.

Blehh... any help? I can't leave them with my roomies, who would surely kill them/forget they're even there.

Allee Toler

Longwood. 20 minutes NE of Orlando. Lol.

I've been trying to get a sitter since JUNE. And I can't find anyone, and since I'm from FL, and only been here a few months I don't know anyone here. =[

Bellalee

Too bad my brother is coming out here during that time, I've taught him well... ;)

Hopefully you'll find someone.

steve905

Why don't you ship them to where you're going? You can get a tank or 2 from craigslist and just pack your heat tape/hides, Crickets you can get locally. Just a thought. Heck you can get a few plastic tubs for $5-6 and be good to go. Just a thought//

steve905

Why don't you ship them to where you're going? You can get a tank or 2 from craigslist and just pack your heat tape/hides, Crickets you can get locally. Just a thought. Heck you can get a few plastic tubs for $5-6 and be good to go. Just a thought...

Allee Toler

Steve, that's totally unrealistic. I'm going to Florida to see my foster family, who hate reptiles. I'm lucky to even be bringing my mentally retarded dwarf leo with me. I've added up the shipping cost, plus tub cost and it comes out to this.

Broken down, shipping per gecko is $12x7= $84, Plus 7 tubsx$4= 28, plus thr 1500 worms a month, and 1000 crickets I'd have to buy while I'm in FL that I have breeding here in house.

Not to mention the stress on the new leos I just got, and my sick gecko, oh and my itty bitty babies.

Oh and as for just buying tanks, most of my leos are male. ;]

Doesn't matter now, I found a sitter 3 hours away. He's coming into town in Sunday to pick them up, he can take my feeder colonies with him, along with my entire rack.

Thanks for the input everyone. =]

steve905

Sorry about the double post. Glad to hear you have your problem solved. I've got 150+ reptiles so I'm sure I'll NEVER get a vacation!...Maybe you can go herping while your down there and come back with some bonus babies....

Adinar

Steve, that's totally unrealistic. I'm going to Florida to see my foster family, who hate reptiles. I'm lucky to even be bringing my mentally retarded dwarf leo with me. I've added up the shipping cost, plus tub cost and it comes out to this.

Broken down, shipping per gecko is $12x7= $84, Plus 7 tubsx$4= 28, plus thr 1500 worms a month, and 1000 crickets I'd have to buy while I'm in FL that I have breeding here in house.

Not to mention the stress on the new leos I just got, and my sick gecko, oh and my itty bitty babies.

Oh and as for just buying tanks, most of my leos are male. ;]

Doesn't matter now, I found a sitter 3 hours away. He's coming into town in Sunday to pick them up, he can take my feeder colonies with him, along with my entire rack.

Thanks for the input everyone. =]

Was only something someone suggested....

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
Was only something someone suggested....

Im sure she didnt mean what she said in a mean way, she was only explaining why his suggestion wouldnt work. Im sure there are situations in which that suggestion would work, just not in her case.
I thought it was just a funny idea when I read it because she had already posted why she couldnt do that.
He didnt have the advantage of knowing before he made the suggestion, so I just got the humor from it.

Suggestions never hurt! =]

Visit our friends