laid only 1 egg

staceyleigh

My female Luna just laid another egg, yes only 1. This was 14 days after her first 2 egg clutch. Does this happen sometimes or should I still expect a second egg in a day or 2? I don't really see a second egg in her belly, just what looks like another ovulation. Good news is this egg looked fertile!

tb144050

Is she still about 2-3grams above her normal average weight? I noticed with my first 2 females that they:

1) gained 6-8grams first
2) went "off feed" at the end of clutch-development...
3) Layed eggs, and were 2-3grams UNDER their starting weight.

So if she isn't UNDER her starting weight, I would suspect another egg is possibly hiding. If she IS UNDER her starting weight, that is probably all she had in there. :D

Just as a precaution, Check her supplements and make sure she is getting enough calcium-d3 and just a little extra calcium+d3. She might have stopped construction due to a lack of building supplies?? :)

staceyleigh

This time Luna gained 4g, then after she laid the 1 egg, she was down 3g. I don't see another egg, just 2 small ovulation's, so I think that's it for this time, just 1 egg. I just hope I get a baby from this one. Out of her first 2 one was a dud (I tried incubating it just in case but it started to deflate and smell rotten, so I pitched it), I am still incubating the second, but that one is deflating also. This single egg looks really good, nice and firm, candles a pink bullseye. I really want a Mack Snow Raptor out of this pair! (I have a 1 in 8 chance, come on gecko gods!)

tb144050

This time Luna gained 4g, then after she laid the 1 egg, she was down 3g. I don't see another egg, just 2 small ovulation's, so I think that's it for this time, just 1 egg. I just hope I get a baby from this one. Out of her first 2 one was a dud (I tried incubating it just in case but it started to deflate and smell rotten, so I pitched it), I am still incubating the second, but that one is deflating also. This single egg looks really good, nice and firm, candles a pink bullseye. I really want a Mack Snow Raptor out of this pair! (I have a 1 in 8 chance, come on gecko gods!)

I hope you get some good luck!! That weight gain/loss sounds like it might be appropriate for making/laying 1 egg. My girls had a:

Normal weight
+ (about 4g x 2 eggs=8g)
-8g (layed eggs)
-2 or 3grams because of empty belly while "off food"
--------------
finally, Normal weight - empty belly.

I still wonder if I made a mistake on one of ruby's calculations. I weighed her after laying and got (normal - 3grams). I fed put about 20 medium crickets in there for Ruby and Slinky. That night, Ruby weighed (normal +3.5grams).....a 6.5gram weight-gain after 12hours (and just 1 feeding)???

How long did it take for those 2 eggs to start deflating. I am still incubating my first 2 Leo's first-clutches :O

staceyleigh

How long did it take for those 2 eggs to start deflating. I am still incubating my first 2 Leo's first-clutches :O
In my case, it was about 8 dys., after she laid them that they started to collapse.

About 8-10 days in I was sure the one was bad, but I noticed some denting after 3 days or so.

tb144050

About 8-10 days in I was sure the one was bad, but I noticed some denting after 3 days or so.

Well, mine is holding to the same pattern as both of yours'. :( It is "day 9 after Ruby layed" and her no-vein-egg is dented slightly. I am still going to incubate until there is NO doubt that it is bad. :( I am about to update my "egg incubation" thread with about 9 photos.

tb144050

My female Luna just laid another egg, yes only 1. This was 14 days after her first 2 egg clutch. Does this happen sometimes or should I still expect a second egg in a day or 2? I don't really see a second egg in her belly, just what looks like another ovulation. Good news is this egg looked fertile!

How are things going? Did you ever get another egg or is she producing the next ones? :D

staceyleigh

Luna just laid 2 more eggs this afternoon, this was 14 days from the last single egg, so she is laying every 2 weeks exactly. Candled one of them quick, and saw a red bulls-eye. Wanted to get them in the incubator quick.

Attachments

• 2014-04-18 14.49.42-1.jpg
    2014-04-18 14.49.42-1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0

Visit our friends