Leopard gecko neurological issues?

Cooper.gecko

So I got cooper as an adult from Petco (which I now know is bad) and I don’t know what their gender is because cooper nips and jumps at me so I’m nervous to check. I don’t think it’s aggressive just him being. Well odd. He can’t hunt on his own and he refuses to eat from a bowl so I have been Tong feeding him which is going good. Well for the past 1-2 weeks he hasn’t been eating much and it takes him 3-4 tries to get the food off the tongs in front of his face.then each food item he gets he does a little retreat in his cave sometimes a circle then either comes back out or stays in his cave. He also stares at me intently from across the room every time he sees me and sometimes he tilts his head where I’m upside down to him. Is this all normal or am I crazy? Btw his care is ideal with heating,tank size etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm not sure what's going on. There are a lot of geckos that seem to need to be either hand fed or tong fed. At this point, if you're able to keep him fed and relatively content, that may be the best you can do.

Aliza

Visit our friends