Little gecko wont eat

Leonite

I have a little guy that I got about 5 days ago and I can't get him to eat. I was trying mealworms and just went out and got him crickets and he wont even go for those.. help :(. people say not to force feed them but he is a baby gecko so I feel like a week without food is a lot?

JessJohnson87

Some can go a month off food once they get to a new environment. The little ones get stressed out more than the adults do. Just keep offering food and eventually he will take it. 5 days isn't enough time for him to settle, it can take 2 weeks or longer. Don't stress, he will eat when he's ready :)

equinelove93

If he's got fat stores in his tail he should be fine. When i got my hatchling he took 2 weeks to finally eat something. The young ones definitely stress more than adults. Try to minimize disturbing him. Only replace water, substrate as needed. But you can still offer food daily as he will probably eat it eventually.

Dont leave feeders inside the tank if you're gecko shows no interest/or eaten 30 mins after offering them. Uneaten feeders can annoy your gecko and stress him out more.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Visit our friends