looking for information

vankirksleos

Hi I'm looking for any and all information on harem set ups including size, how many geckos, pictures
Anything would be nice. I would really like to keep harems for space liomitations from my own growing family any info you have
How many had great sucsess and how many had none at all thanks

vankirksleos

The idea is a rack system to make room for harems and babies alike sorry didn't mean to rais concerns I have room enough for a nice big rack just not for a bunch of heavy glass tanks looking at the harem set up iv noticed some of the bigger names in the leo world use them

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Ah, gotcha. I use a rack system, but I really prefer to keep each leo separately outside of breeding, as it is so much easier to monitor basic health indicators like feeding and defecation when you don't have to guess who ate or pooped.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I prefer to keep as many of my leos as possible visible so I do use harems. I use 20 gallon longs, some front opening, with an additional 12"x12" heated upper level in which I keep 1.2 or 1.3. Ideally they are together Jan-Oct and then during the off-season the males are separated when I have room after selling babies. The off season was very short this past season since I had more babies than expected. I also prefer my babies to be visible, so, while I have a 16-tub rack system, as many of the babies as possible go into 20 longs divided into 3 sections. I'll post some pictures I've posted before --a close up of my heated upstairs and a picture of my tank stack:

geckoUpstairs.jpg

ReptileRm1.jpg

reptilerm3.jpg

Visit our friends