lower level heat

roger

i have a 6 level rack heated by heat tape..The bottom level obviously is not as warm as the top level.The bottom level is 8 deg cooler than the top level.is there any way I can get the lower level a little warmer??

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Split your heat tape into two sections. This will reduce the amount of energy lost through the length of the tape. Besides that just ensure you have something (carpet, extra wood, insulation, or something) underneath the rack so that the cold floor does not radiate its temps onto the rack as much.

steve905

If thay are wired in series they be at the end of your line and that might be the issue. You can split them into 2 sets but you';; need a second thermostat to do that...Good Luck!

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
You MAY need a second thermostat depending on what you have now. For instance a Herpstat can have three section plugged into it with no problem. Just depends

roger

The funny thing is when i put the herpstat probe right on the tape on the lower level it shows the exact same temp as the top level right on the tape which is 100.but when i put the probe inside on the bottom on the lower floor it struggles to get past 90.If the heat tape reading on the lower level is 100 shouldnt the bottom of the tub read a couple of deg cooler.I use paper as a substrate so its not like the heat has to get through sand

Visit our friends