Madagascar Panther Gecko?

JennLP272

I was at the pet store today and they have these really small panther geckos that are just all black with a few dark brown stripes. When I Google them I get a ton of different things. Just curious if anyone owns any and what they look like once they get bigger?

laurahlove

I have panther geckos :) well, I had two, now I have one. They are actually called pictus geckos. Try typing that in. Youll get a lot more results :)
c9a4545a5c1bcb754bd18c77e3834166.jpg

These are my pictus geckos. (Pepper passed away the other day, on the left) I have 6 eggs from them also :)
Feel free to ask me any specific questions!!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

JennLP272

Thank you so much. I'm sorry for your loss. :-( but they are very neat looking. The baby ones at the store looked like mini black leos and the sales lady was no help at all. Are they much harder to care for then leopards? I have 3 now and while they are super easy they take about a good hour a day to go threw and feed, change papers, and they are very easy to handle and love their 1:1 time with humans so that takes some time with each also. lol

laurahlove

You should post some pictures of your new babies :) I've personally never actually seen little baby pictus, so I'd love to see yours.
They are very similar to Leos. They only get about 6 or so inches big, so they don't really need a big tank. 2 can thrive in a 10, but I like to spoil mine and had them in a 20 long ;) are you housing them all together? The same thing goes with them, 2 females and 1 male. But if you have three in one tank, I would suggest putting them in a 20.
They need belly heat, like Leos, but they do require a bit more humidity. I like to keep mine between 50-60%.
Pepper always loved to be held, they do love attention :) ram is a show offy runaway, but he still loves to lick my face :)
I keep them on repti carpet, I personally hate paper towels. But they do perfectly fine on the carpet :)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

mmyers80

I've got a group of 2.3, males are albino caramels, and one of the females is axanthic.

They breed very prolifically, and the females can be bred to death if you don't separate and make sure they're well fed at all times. I agree they're similar to Leos. Ground dwelling, with good humidity (think forest floor).

Here are some of the babies the group has produced. I've got two eggs that were also laid tonight. Currently have nine babies running around in addition to the adults.

IMG_3654.jpg
IMG_3656.jpg
IMG_3648.jpg

Visit our friends