Makeshift slurry

discoverlight

So my gecko refuses to eat no matter what I do, not interested in crickets or superworms, mealworms, anything. I didn't have enough ingredients to make the Golden Gate Gecko Slurry, so I decided to make something simple and temporary.

I crushed some superworms and crickets, added water, and added some calcium, mixed it up into a watery paste and fed it to her. She seemed to really like it. Would this be a good way to feed her for now until I can get her appetite back?

Neon Aurora

Have you established why the gecko isn't eating? Is she ovulating, maybe? An ovulating leopard gecko won't eat and there is no reason to be alarmed unless they drop a significant amount of body weight.

The slurry you made is fine, BTW. The GGG slurry is just higher in protein and calories. People normally use it for very sick, malnourished geckos.

discoverlight

Have you established why the gecko isn't eating? Is she ovulating, maybe? An ovulating leopard gecko won't eat and there is no reason to be alarmed unless they drop a significant amount of body weight.

The slurry you made is fine, BTW. The GGG slurry is just higher in protein and calories. People normally use it for very sick, malnourished geckos.

No clue. I adopted her from a reptile shelter, she was kept on coconut husks so I figured it was an impaction at first, but she pooped fine. Now she's just refusing food for some reason, I'm not sure if it's ovulation, I tried to do some research on how to check but I could never find out 100%.

Visit our friends