mold on my egg

Star1

I have 1 leopard gecko egg that's been in the incubator for 45 days so I've been checking on it every day and yesterday it was fine but today it had mold on it. I took it out and replaced the bedding/humid stuff (i used coco fiber because it was all I had when I unexpectedly had eggs). Will it be ok?

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Can't be sure at this point. I think a good rule of thumb is to leave it in the incubator unless your 100% sure!

Rylee

3 Year Member
Can't tell for sure, but keep incubating until your SURE its dead.

Jetfire

If its just a spot or 2, just dip a q-tip in a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water, and squeeze most of the moisture out of the wet Q-Tip.then gently dab the mold spot, and it will kill the mold without harming the embryo inside the egg. I do it with crested and gargoyle eggs whenever the situation arises.
Now, if the egg is really moldy, starting to deflate, etc, chances are it's toast. Incubate it anyway, just don't get your hopes up too high, ya know?

Star1

Unfortunately, none of my eggs hatched. I wasn't expecting them anyway and my "friend" who I got the gecko from let me know she wasn't healthy after I brought her home. I'm working on getting her healthy and definitely won't be breeding her.

Visit our friends