Multi-level Cage Set-up

blueappal

I'm about 1/3 into constructing a pretty simple multi-level cage for my leo and I have a couple questions.

1. I'm using ceramic tile for the flooring... do any of you use this and if so, what kind of temps do you get on the "warm" side?

2. Does you leo like his/her multi-level if you have one?

I'm going pretty simple here... just using some stacking stones and a large piece of slate for the second level. I'm also (like I said above) using ceramic tiles as my substrate. I was using reptile carpet, but I didn't like how my leo was getting caught during feeding.

I will post pictures soon. I'm adding adding a texture to the ceramic and slate for mobility purposes.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The ceramic tiles seem to do fine with the heat. I actually sandwich a mini-UTH in between 2 12"x12" ceramic tiles for my "upstairs" level so it's heated. The geckos all use the levels in the tanks that have them.

Aliza

blueappal

I will post pictures soon.

Newmultilevel.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The only question is whether you're ever going to want to get your gecko out of that little space under what looks like the ramp. When I first set up my second level I had it above the warm side with the warm hides under it, so if I needed to get hold of a gecko it got really hard to get it out. Now I have the upper level over the cool side so only the water dish and poop area (if I'm lucky about where they want to poop) are under there.

Aliza

Visit our friends