my 75g for now..........

Marr

addict
nice the litter box idea is gold,going to try that for sure,i notice what corner they are using so ill put some thing there............and nice tank......i see only a little shows in the front there.........going to go look at some slate today,see what i like or not lol

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Thanks :) There's some arial shots in my photo album if you want a better idea of just how much of the floor tile you can really see. The water dish is just a ceramic soap dish from wal mart for like $2.00 I think it was. Cabn't wait to see what you come up with.

Marr

addict
Thanks :) There's some arial shots in my photo album if you want a better idea of just how much of the floor tile you can really see. The water dish is just a ceramic soap dish from wal mart for like $2.00 I think it was. Cabn't wait to see what you come up with.

cool ill take a peek...............just got back,some tiles in hand,ten cents a pc,left overs at our loacl re-store,cant beat that lol,heading out to do some cutting now,stayed with a lighter natural color,cause of all the photos i like too take lol.........ill post some pics once its in,the bark with hold moisture well on top of our plant pots lmao............

Marr

addict
well heres the tile in defiantly going to be easier too clean...............man caramel likes too climb......

75gwithtile.jpg

Picture1623.jpg

Picture1618.jpg

WulfSC

Just curious... I have two 20gallon tanks that I have two of my male leos in. I really like the idea of using slate/tile for the substrate (I'm currrently using paper towels).

However, I was wondering, I have UTH's that are rated for 10 to 20 gallon tanks... if I go with slate/tile, while this be sufficient or will I need larger sized UTH's? Thanks.

prettyinpink

Very neat what you came up with! I'm suprised you didn't go with the more 'natural' 'wild' looking ones though :p

Just curious... I have two 20gallon tanks that I have two of my male leos in. I really like the idea of using slate/tile for the substrate (I'm currrently using paper towels).

However, I was wondering, I have UTH's that are rated for 10 to 20 gallon tanks... if I go with slate/tile, while this be sufficient or will I need larger sized UTH's? Thanks.
My slate heats my tanks nicely. Even make them heat up so well they get too hot. :) I think you should be fine.

WulfSC

Great, thanks Erica. I appreciate it. I know I have some tiles laying around, and I'm sure I have pieces of slate as well. Guess I know what I'll be doing after work tomorrow...lol!

Marr

addict
hey wulfsc,i noticed about a 3 degree drop so far,above the uth i am getting 92.8 although to i have a 16w 11x10 at the end and 8w smaller one too carry the heat a bit further,slate would be best im sure,for holding heat,ill probably switch out eventually, i am noticing the cool spots around the edges,but seems ok,and theres no heat lamp on that end just a 13w red twister bulb.......... Erica why i went with the lighter tile is it looks cool when it lights up red on the floor and i now how important white substrate is when photographing lol.............

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
That looks really sweet so far. Also give it a couple days to reach it's true temperature. Tiles take a bit longer to achieve optiumum temperature/heat completely up.

Marr

addict
well heres the 3d background in progress,didnt like the ones i seen,so can up with this will be painted soon and sealed............going to make the painted wood match my mopani and the white area black,and the rock will be a grey i think not 100% sure yet and substrate is undecided might match the painted rock too that,and some nice fake plants,should look sweet when its done...........

3d2.jpg

3d3.jpg

3d1.jpg

Visit our friends