My First Cave Gecko

satyr666

I picked up my first cave gecko today he (was told he was a he anyways) is the first one I could find in Canada. He weighs 17g and looks to be a hainanensis to me. What do you guys think?

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1245.JPG

Thanks for Viewing!

Last edited:

satyr666

Not really from what I've read about them they prefer not to be handled and are very secretive so far this guy seems to be pretty skittish but he may get better once hes settled in.

cassicat4

I'm really curious if yours will be a bit more amenable to handling once settled being that he's CB. Mine is WC and actually doesn't seem to mind it too much, but I've read that with many reptiles, such as Leos and Beardies, that the CB ones do much better with handling than the WC ones did, even after they've adjusted.

Either way, enjoy him. :) And I agree - It is hard to find these guys up here for some reason.

Embrace Calamity

I'm really curious if yours will be a bit more amenable to handling once settled being that he's CB. Mine is WC and actually doesn't seem to mind it too much, but I've read that with many reptiles, such as Leos and Beardies, that the CB ones do much better with handling than the WC ones did, even after they've adjusted.

Either way, enjoy him. :) And I agree - It is hard to find these guys up here for some reason.
Well I dunno about that. Leos and beardies being CB I don't believe is what makes them so amenable to being handled, but that they're more domesticated than other reptiles. I doubt that two WC reptiles would produce reptiles that much friendlier. Leos and beardies are just the most commonly bred, so most of them you have to look way back in their lineage to find WCs. That's just my understanding of it though.

ANYWAY. This is a gorgeous gecko. I'd never heard of cave geckos til I came here, but I can tell you what, I really wouldn't mind having some. :)

~Maggot

Visit our friends